Monday, September 8, 2014

Flag Football

The day we've all been waiting for...well, Brooks has been "waiting his whole life" anyway...it's football time! We signed him up in a flag football league, because it just sounded like a safer way for a young child to grasp basics of the game. Although he can catch and throw, he really has zero clue as to the plays and other finer points of the game, so he has a lot to learn. I noticed he looked a little clueless his first game out there, but then again, I'm pretty clueless myself, so maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for:-)


The arm/sweat band has a clear plastic pocket, to hold the plays and running patterns. And he has beloved receiver gloves too:-)

The flag apparatus. They really do require quite a tug to get them out.


Coach Sean going over the plays in a pre-game pep talk

Hey Ma, look at my teeth marks! Grey and I chased the very-limited shade around the field, on this 90+degree day.

Cheer team, taking a break!
Brooks got the ball a few times in running plays, but got his flag pulled. And he chased down a kid and pulled a flag, once. He is playing with 2nd to 4th graders, so he is among the youngest on the team/in this division.

At 1:58 it starts with Kenna's first cheers of the season. She is on the front row, 3rd from the Left (close to the camera side)

No comments:

Post a Comment