Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Update Time!

Life is just ticking along here at a pretty decent pace. Somedays are boring, and others are filled to the brim with activities! Here's a little update as to what's been going on in our little corner of the world...

Church: I work in Awana's as the club's secretary. There is another lady in the office with me, but she will not be doing it again next year after...she's been doing this specific job since 2004(!), so next year I might be all by myself! We'll see how that goes, she says I'm ready:-) We have started working in the Youth Group, which involves Sundays, Wednesdays, and other evening/events too. Last week we had Bible Study at our house, which was about 25 teens and 10 adults...uhhh, a full house!! Funny enough, the very next morning I got news (while I was still lounging in my bed at 7:45am) that our sunday school class's ladies brunch was cancelled last minute due to sickness in the house of the original location. So I told the organizer we could have it at my house. Nothing like another huge "party" to get  me out of bed, and in the shower! It was a wonderful morning, I was so glad it didn't need to be canceled, just a quick change of location - there were 20+ ladies there for that...so really, I don't think I've ever had so many people in my house in less than 24 hours:-) We have been enjoying getting involved, serving and building relationships. Brian attends an early morning men bible study each Wed, and that group decided to run a "Spartan Race" later this month. More on that later...

Work: Brian has been working hard - but has had time to be a normal person too. Yay! There have been changes within his office, and the hiring of new personnel has made a difference in the amount of time he's spending at work. I am still taking care of Sonny and May each day, and doing bookkeeping for a private elder care facility also.

School: The older two are about to start wrapping up 2nd grade and preparing for their yearly standardized test. Oh the pressure! :-) Sonny and Grey are working on their preschool and are doing very well - next year will be "real kindergarten" for them, so I'm trying to get them well prepared for that, even though, of course, they will both be technically too young for K, they are mentally sharp and more than able to handle it, I think. We participate in a co-op that does Science, Art and PE, and the older two are also taking piano lessons. All 3 participate in the Awana program at church, but Grey is the only one who puts up a fuss about the vest uniform being "not cool".

Sports: So far this school year we've tackled soccer, basketball, cheerleading, and starting next week - it's baseball time! Both kids will be in Coach Pitch this year, no more tee-ball! Grey is still too young for that one. After baseball finishes up, it will be time to register for...flag football. Brooks is over the moon excited about this, and is counting down the months until football starts. Oh my.

Kids: I'm sure you see about all you need to on my instagram feed:-) They are usually delightful, helpful, sweet and funny. Unusually, they are crabby, moody, and wild. I guess that's life with kids in general, right?! They are coming up on all of their birthdays very soon, and all requests have been made for all kinds of impressive cakes and presents. We'll see what I'm actually able to produce! They are growing well, and due for "well baby" visits, so maybe I'll have specific stats here soon. Recently, for the first time ever, I was asked if I had triplets. Can't even really comprehend how time has gone, and in 3 days, we'll have an 8 year old, who just today asked me if she could get her ears pierced for her birthday. Yikes:-)

That's about all I can think of at the moment:-) Thanks for keeping tabs on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment